Monday, January 23, 2012

Polish Reuben Casserole


2 10.75 oz cans cream of mushroom soup
1 1/3 c. milk
1/2 c. chopped onion
1 T. prepared mustard
2 16 oz. cans saur kraut (optional), rinsed and squeezed dry
1 8 oz. package of egg noodles (I used 1 c. penne)
1 13 oz. package of Polish sausage
2 c. shredded swiss cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

In a medium bowl, combine soup, milk, onions, mustard.

Chop sausage into bite-sized pieces, add to soup.

If using egg noodles add to soup uncooked. If using penne, cook to al-dente, then add to soup/sausage.

Pour into 9x13 lightly sprayed baking dish.

Top with cheese, bake for 1 hour.

I found this recipe on the Dinner Spinner in my Allrecipes.com Droid app. It's my first experience with the app and I must say, I'm impressed. The meal was such a hit that my hubs has requested that we make it at least once a month!

No comments: