Monday, March 26, 2012

Pinterest Cake


I don't know if you've heard about this new site called Pinterest? But it's kind of the best thing ever. Recipes, work out advice and fashion come together and breed on Pinterest and it's a beautiful thing.

For instance, I found the recipe for this cake on Pinterest:

1 18 oz. cake mix
1 c. fat free Greek yogurt
1 c. water

Since the box of cake mix my hubs picked up was 16 oz. I used just a hair under 1 cup of yogurt and only mixed in enough of the cup of water until I had the consistency of cake mix.

I followed the baking instructions on the box and though it looked kind of wonky going into the oven, coming out it looked awesome.
And for the frosting, I recently discovered a recipe called The Best Buttercream Frosting Ever on Pinterest.

1 c. salted butter at room temp
4 c. fresh powdered sugar
4-5 T. cream (I used half and half)
2-3 T. vanilla

First, whip the butter, then add sugar, then add cream (I used 4 tablespoons since it was perfectly smooth and spreadable at that point), then add vanilla (I used 2 tablespoons).

And it was so good. When I say this cake is moist, you will not even understand how moist and delicious I am telling you it is. My husband and I were fighting over who would get to take it to work first.

Cake nutritional info: PER SERVING (1 piece, 1/12th of cake): 180 calories, 3.25g fat, 306mg sodium, 34.5g carbs, <0.5g fiber, 20g sugars, 3.5g protein

[the frosting is pure butter and sugar, you do the math on the nutritional info]

Cake link
Frosting link

No comments: